Having tried (and thoroughly tested – yes, they’re still going strong) out Warrior’s debut football boot last year, I was really excited to give the American company’s first out-and-out ‘speed’ boot the once over.
Warrior’s previous football boots have never been heavy, but with maximizing a player’s speed and acceleration in mind, the Warrior Superheat are their most lightweight boot yet, and one of the lightest on the market.
The Superheat marketing campaign has been spearheaded by former Liverpool FC youth star, Tom Ince, and were released just prior to Christmas on December 5th. Although initially shown in a flagship blue and yellow colour, we are pleased to see a more LFC friendly colour of red and yellow (or ‘chilli pepper yellow’ to be precise…) are also available – perfect for any Reds fan!
Retailing for around the £130 mark, they are obviously marketed as a premium boot, and I’m glad to see they’ve even took my only criticism of the Skreamer on board and provided any recipient with a decent boot bag to put them in this time!
As with any modern-day football boot, technology has taken an essential role in the development. Want to know more? Here comes the science…
– Revolutionary TRI-FUSION bonded skin for limitless touch and speed.
– ORGANITOUCH super-thin outer film for natural feel and close control.
– NEOWEB mesh base layer with DWR water resistant treatment for lightweight infinite comfort.
– NANOCRADLE 2nd layer balances efficient support with optimum agility.
– Superlight TRI FUSION tongue for perfect feel and fit.
– Membrane HEEL SHIELD for unseen support and protection.
– SLIPSTREAM lacing system for optimum fit and comfort.
– FG WAR PLATE – Dual Injected Clawtech blades provide traction and acceleration on dry and firm surfaces.
So, in a nutshell, they hope to make you sharper and faster, in supreme comfort, whilst remaining in complete control of yourself and the football…hopefully!
After Warrior’s previous sterling effort, I wouldn’t argue against the Superheat achieving just that.
Want to find out for yourself? Enter our fabulous competition and bag yourself a brand new pair of Superheat by completing one of the following steps by midnight Sunday (5th Jan):
1. ‘Like’ our Facebook page here and Share the competition post.
2. Follow us on Twitter here and tweet/RT the following message:
“I want to #win some brand new #Superheat boots with @live4liverpool & think *player name* is the quickest #LFC player ever. Do you agree?”
It’s as simple as that! The lucky winner will be chosen at random from those who follow at least one of the above steps correctly (UK entrants only, sorry!)